Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscar Bingo

Fun Watching the Oscar

I went to an Academy Awards party, and everyone had a great time playing Oscar Bingo. Each card has 25 squares containing an Oscar category, and one of the two top nominees. The first to get five in a row wins.

This web page generates a random Oscar Bingo card:
Oscar Bingo Page

Each card has about 30% chance of a bingo, and we wanted a winner so the three of us each played two cards.

Results

Below are my two bingo cards. I got knocked out early.
Dean #1

Dean #2

Midway through the cerimonies Dave got four in a row, needing only Best Picture / Slumdog Millionare for bingo. Nate Silver estimated Sumdog's odds at a whopping 99% -- a virtual lock! But Best Picture is announced last, so if somebody else could beat him to the punch ...
Dave #1

Dave #2

Late in the ceremonies, Rich needed Best Actor/Sean Penn, or Best Actress/Meryl Streep -- both considered long shots. But Penn pulled off the upset sending Rich to victory.
Rich #1
Rich #2

Unbingo

The best part of the game is speculating about possible paths to victory, trash talking, and whinning about our bad luck. We soon realized that five loosing squares in a row (unbingo) was almost as difficult. So next year the first to unbingo will get a VHS tape of Plan 9 From Outerspace.

5 comments:

  1. Excellent and very exciting site. Love to watch. Keep Rocking. จีคลับ6666

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. เว็บแทงบอลออนไลน์น้ำเยอะ UFABET

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. เซ็กซี่บาคาร่า99

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. bbin slot

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. เว็บพนันออนไลน์ ฝากถอน ไม่มี ขั้นต่ำ

    ReplyDelete